Friday, December 19, 2008

HOLY CREEHAP!

I have gotten so much shiite since my last post! Maybe it's because I made like posting more often was my goal. It was!! I still want to and, won't give the awesome reasons that wasn't done. I will however make another empty promise to indeed post more in the future.

On an altogether different note, I am publishing my sketch books on the Apple Ibook through Genus publishing. ( Maybe that wasn't such a different note) anyway, the down load will be $1.99 or less. It will have more stuff from my sketch books than Iv'e posted on this blog, but some of the images will be from here. If the sketch book does we'll be putting my finished paintings that haven't been posted here next.

now onto the pics!!

This is a comic that I published in Hot Mexican Love number 2. This was a comic published by Rob Gooden, Albert Calleros, Larry Reynosa, Bradley Gake, and Rafael Navarro. Thanks guys for giving me this venue!









I know this is long over due but I thought I would post some of the stuff that has really inspired me over the years.

First here's some Andrew Loomis. I got this book when I was like 10 or 11 from a family friend named Bunny Poe who owned a thrift store that stocked some great art books.

These are from fun with a pencil.



I need to read this book again and just do the lessons in it ... like every year.

Since I have many of the same influences a the rest of you I thought I'd post some stuff that I like that's off the beaten path a little . Not that this stuff is like unknown or anything. I just didn't want to be posting more Disney, Warners, Fliescher, or Hanna Barberra stuff. I love all that stuff, but everyone else has much better instances of that art.

Here's some Hunt Emerson...



some Al Columbia...



And here's some Eric Pigors stuff. This guy is one of my all time favorites!


I'm sure you can see the influence these guys have had on me.

1 comment:

Chris Battle said...

Your sloth is now forgiven.